The Impact Scholarship was born out of a deep desire to see young adults come to faith in Jesus Christ, and for them to become active ambassadors and apprentices who make a Jesus impact on the world around them for the rest of their lives.
Students who are awarded an Impact Scholarship will be part of an apprenticeship group that will meet together for worship and apprenticeship training. Through a life-on-life experience, they will:
- Become “tent maker” apprentices who love, live and serve like Jesus.
- Begin to share their faith with their family/friends and in the wider community.
- Discover how to be an apprentice of Jesus and to disciple a new believer.
Ambassadors and Apprentices learn to love, live and serve like Jesus. He taught his followers to make apprentices under his authority, guided by the Spirit.
“[…] you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be My witnesses in [your home town], in all [of Canada], and to the ends of the earth.”(Acts 1:8)
Making an Impact . . .
In My Life: It begins with intimacy with God in a community of apprentices who follow Jesus. The practice of Spiritual Disciplines will help to develop the Father’s heart of compassion for others.
On Our Streets: Apprentices will learn how to share the love of Jesus on the streets of our city and in the public square. They will learn to ask good questions and to discern when people are open to the gospel. They will learn how to share the good news verbally and with appropriate literature and to walk people to Jesus.
In Our Universities: Guided by those who have made an impact on the campus, apprentices will learn to deal with the issues of our time and to open doors that lead to faith conversations about Jesus.
With My Church: Throughout the course, apprentices will be asked to serve in humility and obedience in their local church under the guidance of their pastor / apprenticeship trainer.
In My World: Learn to share your faith in your own family, your own community and in your world. Apprentices will learn about healing and forgiveness, gaining confidence to share their faith boldly within their own sphere of influence.
Regular Habits We Practice as Apprentices of Jesus
- Meditation: The ability to hear God’s voice and obey his Word.
- Prayer: The interactive conversation with God about what we are doing together.
- Fasting: The voluntary denial of an otherwise normal function for the sake of intense spiritual activity.
- Study: Taking on the mind of Christ so that my life conforms to the Kingdom of God.
- Solitude: An open relational space for being found by God and freed from competing loyalties.
- Submission: The discipline which frees us to let go of the burden of always needing to get our own way.
- Service: The many little deaths of going beyond ourselves which produces in us the virtue of humility.
- Worship: Entering into the supra-natural experience of the love and the glory of God.
- Guidance: Knowing in daily life an interactive friendship with God.
- Celebration: A life of “walking and leaping and praising God” (Acts 3:8).
Apply for the scholarship NOW!